The Debbie Reynolds Scholarship Program provides you with individualized curriculum based on your specific goals as an artist. Whether you’re focused on a commercial dance career, becoming an educator or choreographer, or training for the sake of improving your craft, we’ll supply you with a solid foundation to help you reach your full potential. Over the course of ten months, you’ll have access to all classes on our open schedule, private weekly intensives, and a specially designed fitness and nutrition program. We’ll give you the guidance, tools and knowledge to become successful in any endeavor and we’re committed to instilling a strong work ethic, while you maintain your love for the art.
We’re bringing the best in the industry together to develop you as an artist and person. Our goal is to provide you with all of the tools necessary to have a successful career when put into action.
The following are elements included within the program:
- A customized schedule of 20 open classes per week based on your individual goals as an artist
- Weekly two-hour Scholarship Only Intensives with top educators and industry professionals
- Multiple weekly Scholarship Only fitness classes including yoga, pilates and circuit training
- Weekly Scholarship Only Ballet and Jazz Technique classes
- Individual mentoring and guidance from several faculty members of Debbie Reynolds Studio
- Image Development- One-on-one coaching to help pinpoint who you are, what you have to offer, and creating your brand from the inside out.
- Guidance from some of LA’s top commercial agents
- Dance History Study Lessons
- Workshops covering topics such as: Acting, Audition Techniques, Camera and Stage Performance, Choreography and Assisting, Improvisation, Injury Prevention, Nutrition, Partnering, Vocal Performance and much more.
Application and Audition Procedure
Each application must be submitted no later than THURSDAY, AUGUST 3RD , 2017, along with a professional photo.
You will be notified once your application has been received.
Audition Date: MONDAY, AUGUST 7TH, 2017 at 10AM at Debbie Reynolds Studio
We HIGHLY encourage coming to the live audition, however, If you are unable be there, we are offering a video submission option. All video submissions are due by THURSDAY, AUGUST 3RD, 2017. Showcase your stylistic strengths in a video no longer than two minutes in length.
Final Interviews will take place following the LA Audition. Notification of acceptance will be given no later than MONDAY, AUGUST 14TH, 2017.
No late applications/video submissions will be accepted.